Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) announced Thursday that he will not run for reelection next year, giving Republicans at least a shot of picking up another seat. The 78-year-old Armed Services Committee chairman, one of the most influential members of the Senate in either party, said he will work aggressively during his final two years in Congress...The longest-serving senator in Michigan history spent months getting pressure to announce his intention,...
In response to:
We need Tea party candidates to take those vacancies. Rino and establishment GOP are just as bad as having democrats win the elections for those posts.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 11 hours ago