Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Compared with tobacco marijuana is less harmful in terms of causing lung disease but MORE harmful in terms of causing lung cancer. I agree that we should not make people criminals for smoking pot, but unlike, say, red wine marijuana has no benefits in terms of prevention of disease.
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 36 minutes ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago