There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
Sell the post office to a private company. While we are at it, sell all government land. The founders of this country never intended for the government to own anything.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 5 hours ago