Maybe we were all supposed to cheer and applaud at that point, as if we were at the Democrats' national...
“We tried our plan…and it worked.” – Barack Obama - 43 straight months of unemployment over 8%. - 23 million unemployed. - 22.7 million underemployed - Economic growth stagnated at 1.4 %. - 42 million on food stamps – a 45% increase. - Median household income down $4,300. - Black teen unemployment rises to 37%. - 2 million more Hispanics living in poverty. - 3 in 10 young adults living with parents. - Bankruptcy filings have increased by 41%. - Foreclosures increased by 34% per year. - Price of gasoline has increased 88%. - Americans living in poverty have increased by 17%. - Credit rating was down-graded – first time in American History - Added 6 TRILLION to the deficit in just 4 years.
How to make a silk purse: First you hand Barack Obama a sow's ear. He'll explain it may look pretty bad, but it's really pretty good. Like the latest jobs report, which only an incumbent president could profess to love. Here's how this president presents it: "Today we learned that after losing around 800,000 jobs a month when I took office, business once again added jobs for the 30th month in a row, a total of 4.6 million jobs."
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 54 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago