Maybe we were all supposed to cheer and applaud at that point, as if we were at the Democrats' national...
“We tried our plan…and it worked.” – Barack Obama - 43 straight months of unemployment over 8%. - 23 million unemployed. - 22.7 million underemployed - Economic growth stagnated at 1.4 %. - 42 million on food stamps – a 45% increase. - Median household income down $4,300. - Black teen unemployment rises to 37%. - 2 million more Hispanics living in poverty. - 3 in 10 young adults living with parents. - Bankruptcy filings have increased by 41%. - Foreclosures increased by 34% per year. - Price of gasoline has increased 88%. - Americans living in poverty have increased by 17%. - Credit rating was down-graded – first time in American History - Added 6 TRILLION to the deficit in just 4 years.
How to make a silk purse: First you hand Barack Obama a sow's ear. He'll explain it may look pretty bad, but it's really pretty good. Like the latest jobs report, which only an incumbent president could profess to love. Here's how this president presents it: "Today we learned that after losing around 800,000 jobs a month when I took office, business once again added jobs for the 30th month in a row, a total of 4.6 million jobs."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago