The president and Congress lied, but the justices aren’t the truth police. In holding that the individual mandate is a tax, the court directly contradicted President Obama and Democrats in Congress, who’d argued vociferously that it wasn’t. The president, recall, told ABC’s George Stephanopolis it “is absolutely not a tax increase.” But this ruling says that it is indeed a tax — in fact, a huge tax hike...
Some see wisdom in John Robert's ruling. I see sophistry. The Supreme Court is supposed to rule on the Constitutionality of making individuals buy something; not to help us realize that Congress can raise taxes. What the majority did is ignore their commission in favor of Judicial activism. Our Republic is in a crisis and Justice Roberts gives us lawyer speak. He is a disgrace, as are the other Progressives on that Court.
The Supreme Court decision to uphold the ObamaCare law’s individual-health-insurance mandate is far more complex than all the initial cheers and jeers suggest. Here are five things to take away from the ruling:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 11 hours ago