The turbulent waters of American politics grew more treacherous last week as former President Bill Clinton plunged, uninvited into the 2012 campaign unleashing a number of rhetorical zingers, defending Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s private sector career and expressing an opinion that the Bush-era tax cuts should be extended in order to ward off a recession that Clinton sees looming just over the horizon. Those comments were not particularly noteworthy, except for the fact that they stand in direct opposition to the re-election strategy of the Obama campaign, which is to paint Romney as an agent of heartless capitalism, and to...
The Obama we had a year ago is not the Obama we have today. I believe only an insider knows how deep those executive actions go, and I don't believe for one minute the ruling structure of this country would go along with imposed martial law for the benefit of President Obama. But there are to many executive orders out there now, and I am seriously worried about the lack of effort to solve the problems in conjunction with the congress rather than in spite of the congress. And while it is suggested the Republican beat everything down, I keep seeing huge multifaceted bills that are doomed from the get go. Maybe the Clinton's are as uneasy about Obama as the rest of us.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago