I so tire of that argument about how America was built on the backs of slaves. The slave states of the south developed a successful agrarian economy based on the labor of slaves. However, by becoming so successful in the cotton and tobacco industry, they failed to develop heavy industry as the northern states had. One could argue more effectively that due to the use of slaves, the progress of the south was held back.
MSNBC's hyphenated leading lady of lisp delivers some good ol' fashioned left-wing pie in America's face:
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 11 hours ago