Exhibit A of today's kind of author: Jenny McCarthy, the former Playboy centerfold who's parlayed her nudie shots into a long list of TV gigs, and six best-selling "humor"/advice books (which absolutely no one might guess were written by someone else). Her latest must be her lamest. It's called "Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic." She's wearing...
I can defend JM somewhat as a Catholic kid,having to go through the motions of all of the mass etc..and I can even defend her going off the deep end for awhile, I can also relate to her with an Autistic kid because I have one, who goes to College now at CCU in Colorado, but I cannot defend her bashing Churches, which supply a massive amount of the Charity to the poor in this Country and her degradation of morals even further than they are. While I understand people have to make a living, using a bad experience as a kid in a church while posing naked at 39 for millions of men (or maybe thousands in the case of Playboy) and making huge royalties off of that is well... Won't say it. Pray for her instead...
The book industry seems to be collapsing, at least that hallowed old paper-and-glue industry that promoted serious ideas. Even talk radio and TV hosts are spending less time with authors. There are exceptions, but they won't make you feel optimistic about books.
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 22 minutes ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 16 hours ago