The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
" ...they need to restructure their compensation packages so that a larger share of the GDP goes to the workers who create the wealth that the 1% owns." They? Who? you? the government? By what authority? please you're on a roll; please elaborate.
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago