The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
" ...they need to restructure their compensation packages so that a larger share of the GDP goes to the workers who create the wealth that the 1% owns." They? Who? you? the government? By what authority? please you're on a roll; please elaborate.
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago