The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
You believe the playing field is not level, and that somehow outcomes are unfair. Please propose a solution to what you think is a more just distribution of wealth. Be specific, just do not propose expropriation. If you choose higher taxes on those with wealth and income please tell how you'd redistribute it--checks? Would I, under your proposal get a tax credit, or a rebate, or an outright payment. I look forward to your reply. leftists whine about this issue but never have a non confiscatory solution. If you propose confiscation , you lose.
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago