CHARLOTTE, NC - Round two of the 2012 DNC is finally complete, following an interminable stemwinder from former President Bill Clinton. A few thoughts on the evening: Prior to the 10pm ET hour, the convention lineup was wholly unremarkable. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer both spoke for the second time this week. Why? These speeches lasted nearly six-and-a-half hours in total. Were retreads necessary? In any case, we heard from more abortion proponents, several union bosses, and a long list of unremarkable politicians. It was tedious in the extreme, especially the mindless Bain demagoguery. On to my "prime" prime-time...
In response to:
It is a sad day when one of our two major parties worships at the altar of a sexual pervert and horrible President, Bill Clinton. He sexually harassed state employees, sexually assaulted many women and raped one for sure, and took advantage of misguided young interns. Then he lied to the nation, before congress and in court resulting in fines, financial judgments, and disbarment. He engaged with his wife (in name only) in crooked land and futures deals and some of his crooked business partners went to jail and others mysteriously died. He lied to the country and raised taxes on the middle class. The only thing that made this man successful was an adoring media and a Republican Congress.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago