"People will go out into the street wanting more" because they don't want to stop sucking of the government teat and get out and earn it on their own. It's the liberal, unconstitutional, federal-government-will-give-you-everything mentality that has so completely f'ed this country up. Social Security and Medicare weren't "vital social welfare programs" when they were created; they were merely another way to transfer more money and power to the federal government. Allow 100% tax deductibility for donations to charities that provide direct food, housing, clothing, and medical care to those who can't afford it, and the need for those programs go away. Besides, nowhere in the Constitution is there ANY provision for the federal government to provide "vital social welfare programs." The guy who wrote the Constitution, James Madison, said so himself. Fortunately, I've raised six sons and daughters who believe you get what you earn, and you earn what you get. It's the rest of the lazy, incompetent slackers who are going to ruin this country for them.
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago