In science, a theory is "the explanation that best fits the observed facts." A scientist is ALWAYS ready to ditch any theory in favor of a better one. It's possible to have two equally valid theories; for instance, regarding gravity. One theory is that gravity involves an exchange of particles, like the other three basic forces of nature. Another (Einstein's) is that gravity is caused by the bending of the space-time continuum. Either one explains the visible manifestations of gravity.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 4 hours ago