In science, a theory is "the explanation that best fits the observed facts." A scientist is ALWAYS ready to ditch any theory in favor of a better one. It's possible to have two equally valid theories; for instance, regarding gravity. One theory is that gravity involves an exchange of particles, like the other three basic forces of nature. Another (Einstein's) is that gravity is caused by the bending of the space-time continuum. Either one explains the visible manifestations of gravity.
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago