In wake of the recent tragedy involving the death of Trayvon Martin in FL, America has once again been thrust into the race debate. Trayvon was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who was labeled a “white Hispanic” by some mainstream media outlets, and thus began a flurry of relentless racial attacks. Since there has been no conclusive evidence to this point that shows that Zimmerman had a racial motive, it would be appropriate and wise to put the racial rhetoric on hold and let the justice system do its work. I do not criticize or ridicule those who have been...
Kirkie, I have been handcuffed an thrown on the hood of a car because I was profiled as a "Biker". I am a large framed 48 year old white guy with a beard and was riding a Harley Davidson Motorcycle at the local Fair. The cops claimed I was in a biker gang and wanted to harass me. I am a Vice President of the company I work for, the President of my neighborhood home owners association, and at one time a deacon at the church I attended and have no affiliations to any "Biker Gang". Cops do what they do to whom ever they want to. It may be true that they profile black people more than others, but it occurs to me that black people seem to push the edge more than white people. I mean no disrespect by that, just stating an observation.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago