In wake of the recent tragedy involving the death of Trayvon Martin in FL, America has once again been thrust into the race debate. Trayvon was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who was labeled a “white Hispanic” by some mainstream media outlets, and thus began a flurry of relentless racial attacks. Since there has been no conclusive evidence to this point that shows that Zimmerman had a racial motive, it would be appropriate and wise to put the racial rhetoric on hold and let the justice system do its work. I do not criticize or ridicule those who have been...
Kirkie, I have been handcuffed an thrown on the hood of a car because I was profiled as a "Biker". I am a large framed 48 year old white guy with a beard and was riding a Harley Davidson Motorcycle at the local Fair. The cops claimed I was in a biker gang and wanted to harass me. I am a Vice President of the company I work for, the President of my neighborhood home owners association, and at one time a deacon at the church I attended and have no affiliations to any "Biker Gang". Cops do what they do to whom ever they want to. It may be true that they profile black people more than others, but it occurs to me that black people seem to push the edge more than white people. I mean no disrespect by that, just stating an observation.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago