In wake of the recent tragedy involving the death of Trayvon Martin in FL, America has once again been thrust into the race debate. Trayvon was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who was labeled a “white Hispanic” by some mainstream media outlets, and thus began a flurry of relentless racial attacks. Since there has been no conclusive evidence to this point that shows that Zimmerman had a racial motive, it would be appropriate and wise to put the racial rhetoric on hold and let the justice system do its work. I do not criticize or ridicule those who have been...
Kirkie, I have been handcuffed an thrown on the hood of a car because I was profiled as a "Biker". I am a large framed 48 year old white guy with a beard and was riding a Harley Davidson Motorcycle at the local Fair. The cops claimed I was in a biker gang and wanted to harass me. I am a Vice President of the company I work for, the President of my neighborhood home owners association, and at one time a deacon at the church I attended and have no affiliations to any "Biker Gang". Cops do what they do to whom ever they want to. It may be true that they profile black people more than others, but it occurs to me that black people seem to push the edge more than white people. I mean no disrespect by that, just stating an observation.
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago