In wake of the recent tragedy involving the death of Trayvon Martin in FL, America has once again been thrust into the race debate. Trayvon was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who was labeled a “white Hispanic” by some mainstream media outlets, and thus began a flurry of relentless racial attacks. Since there has been no conclusive evidence to this point that shows that Zimmerman had a racial motive, it would be appropriate and wise to put the racial rhetoric on hold and let the justice system do its work. I do not criticize or ridicule those who have been...
I do not blame Travon for what happened to him, I blame it on society as a whole. We create the standards by how people are judged. If Zimmerman were walking through my neighborhood with at night, he very well may have been the one who was shot. The bottom line is we all have the right to dress, speak, act and be where we want to be, we just need to know that we also have the right to be treated poorly based upon how we are seen. White, black, brown or green, we all have equal right to be a victim. A law enforcement officer will never treat people equally. It is insane to think that they will. They will not treat a well dressed black man the same as a hooded kid with his pants hanging down past his butt. Count on that.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago