In wake of the recent tragedy involving the death of Trayvon Martin in FL, America has once again been thrust into the race debate. Trayvon was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who was labeled a “white Hispanic” by some mainstream media outlets, and thus began a flurry of relentless racial attacks. Since there has been no conclusive evidence to this point that shows that Zimmerman had a racial motive, it would be appropriate and wise to put the racial rhetoric on hold and let the justice system do its work. I do not criticize or ridicule those who have been...
I do not blame Travon for what happened to him, I blame it on society as a whole. We create the standards by how people are judged. If Zimmerman were walking through my neighborhood with at night, he very well may have been the one who was shot. The bottom line is we all have the right to dress, speak, act and be where we want to be, we just need to know that we also have the right to be treated poorly based upon how we are seen. White, black, brown or green, we all have equal right to be a victim. A law enforcement officer will never treat people equally. It is insane to think that they will. They will not treat a well dressed black man the same as a hooded kid with his pants hanging down past his butt. Count on that.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 mins ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 53 mins ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago