1 - 9

Can Government Do Anything Well?

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 11, 2012 12:15 PM
Best article I've read in a while and he even threw in a plug for his book.... I have been saying the same things. We give up too much power to the government and look to them for solutions. The government did not make America great, it was the the people who made it great and the government just takes credit for the works of the people. Never forget that... It is WE THE PEOPLE who make this country and it is about time that we remind our broken government of that fact. WE THE PEOPLE need to spend a little time fixing our broken government now... The power is in our hands not the governments, we just need to make changes on many levels in order to put the train back on track...

Will America Ever Bridge The Racial Divide?

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 04, 2012 4:17 PM
I would like to see the day when people stop putting labels on other people. This is what divides us more than anything else. Every man or woman on the planet are different, but do you realize that we share more things in common than we differ from? We breath, eat, sleep, laugh, cry, bleed and die in basically the same way. We stop getting along when we label ourselves and white or black, democrat or republican, christian or muslim, etc, etc... If we don't learn to drop these labels and see each other as "people" than we are doomed to kill each other until we are all dead. I'm not saying we have to like every one and hold hands and sing Kumbaya, I'm just saying respect your neighbor as you would wish to be respected.

Will America Ever Bridge The Racial Divide?

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 04, 2012 4:01 PM
Kirkie, I have been handcuffed an thrown on the hood of a car because I was profiled as a "Biker". I am a large framed 48 year old white guy with a beard and was riding a Harley Davidson Motorcycle at the local Fair. The cops claimed I was in a biker gang and wanted to harass me. I am a Vice President of the company I work for, the President of my neighborhood home owners association, and at one time a deacon at the church I attended and have no affiliations to any "Biker Gang". Cops do what they do to whom ever they want to. It may be true that they profile black people more than others, but it occurs to me that black people seem to push the edge more than white people. I mean no disrespect by that, just stating an observation.

Will America Ever Bridge The Racial Divide?

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 04, 2012 1:59 PM
I do not blame Travon for what happened to him, I blame it on society as a whole. We create the standards by how people are judged. If Zimmerman were walking through my neighborhood with at night, he very well may have been the one who was shot. The bottom line is we all have the right to dress, speak, act and be where we want to be, we just need to know that we also have the right to be treated poorly based upon how we are seen. White, black, brown or green, we all have equal right to be a victim. A law enforcement officer will never treat people equally. It is insane to think that they will. They will not treat a well dressed black man the same as a hooded kid with his pants hanging down past his butt. Count on that.

Will America Ever Bridge The Racial Divide?

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 04, 2012 1:40 PM
People give way to much power to law enforcement. It is not the law enforcement agencies who create the profiles, it is people just like me and you who create them. It is up to us to decide what is good and bad behavior and it is up to us to us to encourage social change. We create society by deciding what is acceptable behavior. We allow our children to dress and act like gangsters, we let them mimic what they see on TV and MTV. It is okay for them to curse in every sentence, it is okay to let them walk around with their pants hanging down below their crotch like an idiot, it is okay for them to act like a fool, because we are too stupid to show them the error of these kinds of actions.

Obama v. The Constitution

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 04, 2012 1:20 PM
Obama is not ignorant of Constitutional law, he like many others in the GOV are just against it. It impedes their ability to rule above the people and seize control of the land, water, natural resources and ultimate power.

Will America Ever Bridge The Racial Divide?

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 04, 2012 11:56 AM
People cannot be forced to be non racist, they ave to choose to be. However, as long as people insist they are being repressed and demand special attention, racism will continue. It is only when a person can see themselves as the same as everyone else that they become equal. Mind you, the the word equal does not mean superior. Equal respect means that each person must allow a certain level of free respect no matter what color or creed you are. Weather or not more respect is given is based upon your merit as a person. If you are a worthless example of humanity, you get no respect. Learn to see without color first and you will learn to respect individual people more.

Obama v. The Constitution

Joe64 Wrote: Apr 04, 2012 11:40 AM
I agree about Obama, but even under Bush the Constitution was being trashed. Just take a look at the patriot act and tell me how bad that offends you constitutionalists? The Fed is running a muck and we are letting them do it? Who are these people and why are they still allowed to speak for the American people? Look what they have done to our country? In dept and selling us off to the the country with the deepest pockets. Yeah Obama is just as bad as all of them and yes he should be replaced, but so should the rest of these idiots, don't you think?
In my view, there are many laws that are unconstitutional, much like the Patriot Act. What I want to know is why the Supreme Court does not touch that one? When you look at the title of this article one must wonder the Court doesn't take on more of the big battles? Why are they so quiet? I wonder if the Supreme Court would support the people of this country who would refuse to pay their taxes unless the government passed an acceptable break even budget? The government must remember who they represent... If they cannot do the job we should not support them by throwing our money into a burning trash can... Not only should the people wake up, but the republican and democratic parties better wake up as well...
1 - 9