Privacy, Please

Joe40 Wrote: Apr 23, 2014 6:05 PM
I, myself, prefer duct tape to cover my web cam. Even so, some people will believe, or persist in, almost any scam, regardless of the level of stupidity. For instance, I once got called by some dude that tried to convince me my computer was sending out data, and requested some personal info to put a "stop" to it. He persisted in this even after I told him that what he asserted was impossible, as it was powered down, as well as physically unplugged. I called him a lying scammer, reminded him that computer software can't operate without electricity for the hardware, then hung up on him.
Well, VP Bidumb initially declared 2010 to be the first "Recovery Summer," so this will be the fourth. More importantly, it's likely to be the fourth attempt at anemic recovery, and likely to be just as much of a failure as all the others. It'll be another failure because this President, and his "advisors" are far too stupidly intransigent to realize that it's their own policies, laws and regulations that are the root cause of the poor economic recovery.

I See Rich People

Joe40 Wrote: Apr 20, 2014 6:47 PM
That sentiment was also displayed in a prior film, ST IV: The Voyage Home, when Kirk and company are confronted with a newspaper vending machine, and Kirk remarks, "they're still using money." Whichever set of characters, you prefer, you're correct, there is a socialistic tinge, which, to me, became far more noticeable, as well as more bureaucratically hidebound in the Next Generation universe

I See Rich People

Joe40 Wrote: Apr 20, 2014 6:40 PM
The great equalizer for San Francisco is called the San Andreas fault. And when the "big one" hits, the fault will have its due, without recourse to socio-economic status, or political affiliation.
And that's taking into account the fact that Obama had his party in control of both Houses of Congress until the "shellacking" of 2010." I clearly remember disbelieving the whiny Democrats blaming the Republicans for their own gross incompetence and inability to pass legislation. Personally, I think that since we've now all had a first-hand view of the economic, political and cultural devastation that the Dems bring to the fore, perhaps the idea that the pendulum is beginning to swing back in the other direction, might actually becoming true. At least, that's what I currently hope for. About this "President," I never doubted his inability to ever correctly perform the job, or that he would "grow into it." His ideological rigidity, coupled with deliberate tactics of bad-faith negotiations with Congress, made the proposition a non-starter from the get-go. To any and all who payed attention, that much was obvious before the end of his first campaign speech. The worst part is that We The People have been forced to deal with the brunt of the consequences that Neville Chamberlain 2.0 foisted upon us.

I See Rich People

Joe40 Wrote: Apr 20, 2014 1:57 AM
At the very least, it would lead to increases in parking.

The Grievance Industry's Spawn

Joe40 Wrote: Apr 20, 2014 12:52 AM
Oh, I think it will happen, eventually. Unfortunately, it will likely happen in the wreckage of the USA en route to the world of "Idiocracy."

The Grievance Industry's Spawn

Joe40 Wrote: Apr 20, 2014 12:47 AM
I'd like to believe that it will take less time than 30-40 years before the college grads of today realized how badly they were propagandized by the Democrat Party. Although I'm not likely to live long enough to see it, and say "I told you so," I firmly believe that history is not going to look kindly at this era. History's judgement of Obama and Political Correctness is likely to be harsh, not only to his administration, but also at those of us who, through action or inaction, allowed progressivism a chance to run so wildy amok.
Or perhaps "False Choices?"
With the modern day Democrat Party, it has become necessary to take Reagan's "trust, but verify" concept and turn it around. The new formation of the concept, especially where liberals are concerned is, "verify, then trust, if the facts are accurate. This is necessary because the trust in, (and the credibility of), the Democrats has been completely obliterated, thanks to politicians like Obama, Reid, Pelosi, and their ilk.