Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
All powers not delegated to the Federal Government BY THE STATES shall be reserved by the states and the people. The states hold supreme power in our Federal System. This concept has been totally lost because of the powers the Federal Government has gained over the years. The average person in this country feels that the government in Washington has supreme power over all matters.
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 4 hours ago