Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Article is right on point. It is just easier to win as a Democrat than it is for Republicans. The Democrats simply use their "Five Pillars of Demagoguery" to win. Women, minorities, senior citizens, gays and the resentful. You have a table with two steak dinners on it. Behind one is a Democrat and behind the other is a Republican. Someone walks up and says, "wow, those look great, can I have one?" The Dem says, "sure take it, it is free". The Republican says, sure, but you are going to have to work for it". Which dinner is the person going to take?
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago