Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Article is right on point. It is just easier to win as a Democrat than it is for Republicans. The Democrats simply use their "Five Pillars of Demagoguery" to win. Women, minorities, senior citizens, gays and the resentful. You have a table with two steak dinners on it. Behind one is a Democrat and behind the other is a Republican. Someone walks up and says, "wow, those look great, can I have one?" The Dem says, "sure take it, it is free". The Republican says, sure, but you are going to have to work for it". Which dinner is the person going to take?
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 14 hours ago