I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
Progressives have spent decades brainwashing our children in public schools and colleges while conservatives were working and being productive. Now we are a nation of illiterate Socialists and corrupt politicians.
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 21 hours ago