I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
Progressives have spent decades brainwashing our children in public schools and colleges while conservatives were working and being productive. Now we are a nation of illiterate Socialists and corrupt politicians.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 9 hours ago