I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
Progressives have spent decades brainwashing our children in public schools and colleges while conservatives were working and being productive. Now we are a nation of illiterate Socialists and corrupt politicians.
- Hallelujah: Aversion to the Renewable Fuel Standard seems to be catching on in Congress Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Chaos: HHS “asks” insurers to extend multiple ObamaCare deadlines Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Congratulations, Barack Obama, on winning PolitiFact’s “Lie of the Year”! Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CoveredCalifornia would like young people to drop it like it’s hot. Wait, wha…? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Open thread: House to vote on Boehner/Ryan budget deal soon; Update: 332-94; Update: Boehner votes yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hot news topic of the week: Is Santa white? Allahpundit 4 hours ago