So what is the core problem behind the lack of leaders like Reagan and inspired behind-the-scenes helpers like Deaver? Is it just the luck of the draw? No, I think it is that the core conservative principles have been twisted just a bit, so that they have become a little bit like the caricature that the left has made of them. Conservatives need to ask themselves honestly - are we the party of allowing talented and lucky people to get really rich, and to hell with the rest of them? That is not true conservatism, in my opinion. We have to look at our heart, and determine that we believe that conservatism truly is better for everyone, rich and poor alike, and sell that message. We need to remember that the greatest founding principles for conservatism came from the bible, via the founding fathers. Man is basically sinful, and government must help him to find his better nature by providing the correct incentives for hard work and family values. We must not allow tyrants to arise, and thus careful preserve the checks and balances in government. This is for the good of all, not just the entrepreneurs. The truth is, only 1% of people will ever be capable of being a true entrepreneur, so we shouldn't idolize that or make it into something that everyone is expected to do. But the system should serve everyone by being design to correctly reflect the truth about human nature.
- Is Rubio’s moment coming or has it already passed? Jazz Shaw 51 mins ago
- Google may be the sole remaining superpower Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Huckabee calls for Supreme Court term limits Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Robert Reich: A few hundred Westerners joining ISIS ‘not a big deal’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Peace on Earth: Saudis won’t rule out building nukes. Oh, and we’re negotiating for Iran. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Marco’s moment: Likely mid-April campaign will launch in the shadow of global instability Noah Rothman 8 hours ago