So what is the core problem behind the lack of leaders like Reagan and inspired behind-the-scenes helpers like Deaver? Is it just the luck of the draw? No, I think it is that the core conservative principles have been twisted just a bit, so that they have become a little bit like the caricature that the left has made of them. Conservatives need to ask themselves honestly - are we the party of allowing talented and lucky people to get really rich, and to hell with the rest of them? That is not true conservatism, in my opinion. We have to look at our heart, and determine that we believe that conservatism truly is better for everyone, rich and poor alike, and sell that message. We need to remember that the greatest founding principles for conservatism came from the bible, via the founding fathers. Man is basically sinful, and government must help him to find his better nature by providing the correct incentives for hard work and family values. We must not allow tyrants to arise, and thus careful preserve the checks and balances in government. This is for the good of all, not just the entrepreneurs. The truth is, only 1% of people will ever be capable of being a true entrepreneur, so we shouldn't idolize that or make it into something that everyone is expected to do. But the system should serve everyone by being design to correctly reflect the truth about human nature.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sony to make “The Interview” available online beginning at 1 p.m. ET Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Pelosi to Boehner: Force Grimm to resign over tax-evasion conviction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- ISIS shoots down coalition warplane, captures pilot Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Another police shooting in Missouri, two miles from Ferguson Update: Video added Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago