The law student's father, Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village, Calif., has been waging a crusade ever since. He's angry at San Francisco's policy, announced by then-Mayor Gavin Newsom in 2009, that shielded unlicensed drivers from an automatic 30-day impoundment of their vehicles. He's furious that Galo...
In response to:
Hey, they are only being 'fair'. By their definition of 'fair'. It is like being 'rich'. To a street person, anyone with a job is 'rich'. You can come up with numbers, but it is still subjective, just like being 'fair'. Is it 'fair' to take your money against your will and give it to me? Many seem to think so. This situation about immigrants and licenses is all about who defines what is 'fair'. Don't like it? (I don't) throw them out of office. One problem is that we keep electing these people.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials detained Roberto Galo on Wednesday morning. Galo is a legal immigrant but an unlicensed driver who, on Nov. 16, 2010, took a left turn at Harrison and 16th streets in San Francisco. His car struck law student Drew Rosenberg. Witnesses later testified that Galo then backed over Rosenberg, who died.
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago