The law student's father, Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village, Calif., has been waging a crusade ever since. He's angry at San Francisco's policy, announced by then-Mayor Gavin Newsom in 2009, that shielded unlicensed drivers from an automatic 30-day impoundment of their vehicles. He's furious that Galo...
In response to:
Hey, they are only being 'fair'. By their definition of 'fair'. It is like being 'rich'. To a street person, anyone with a job is 'rich'. You can come up with numbers, but it is still subjective, just like being 'fair'. Is it 'fair' to take your money against your will and give it to me? Many seem to think so. This situation about immigrants and licenses is all about who defines what is 'fair'. Don't like it? (I don't) throw them out of office. One problem is that we keep electing these people.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials detained Roberto Galo on Wednesday morning. Galo is a legal immigrant but an unlicensed driver who, on Nov. 16, 2010, took a left turn at Harrison and 16th streets in San Francisco. His car struck law student Drew Rosenberg. Witnesses later testified that Galo then backed over Rosenberg, who died.
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidates start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 3 hours ago