The State of the Union Address (SOTUA) is now last week’s history. Nearly every aspect of it has been fully dissected. For example, the National Taxpayers Union (NTU) has done a line-by-line analysis of what they call the “most expensive and widest ranging State of the Union Address yet.” They found that the “quantifiable agenda items” in the President’s proposals “weighed in at $83.4 billion.” The NTU called the efforts to combat climate change the “most costly single agenda item”—citing a “version of the ‘cap-and-trade’ bill to which Obama referred in his speech was priced at $282.4 billion...
In response to:
The key here is to understand that President Obama (And his supporters) believes that government is more efficient than ANY or ALL private methods. And more 'fair'. This is far more important than anything else.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014