The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled “Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo”, to far too little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As elsewhere reported, some of this purchase order is for rounds forbidden by international law for use in war plus a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending fewer than 6 million rounds a month. 1.6 billion rounds, therefore, would be enough...
In response to:
No surprises here. This helps explain why ammunition is in such short supply. (Other reason contribute, but this is a large one) And as for the armored vehicles, well the war is moving here. No more Iraq and Afghanistan to tie up our enemy's resources. It is not a good match up for them to fight our military. Much better to attack our 'soft' targets. So, Homeland security is only being prudent. President Obama is doing EXACTLY what he said: "Fundamentally CHANGE" America.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 6 hours ago