Embarrassing Economists

Joan383 Wrote: Oct 22, 2014 1:34 PM
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the Nobel prize is actually a dunce cap. Krugman doesn't think fast food servers can't be replaced? Apparently, he never heard of something from the 40's and 50's ...the Automat.
I would like to know how many muslims in the military. That might explain the 15%.

GOP Bordering On Victory

Joan383 Wrote: Sep 25, 2014 12:22 PM
There is absolutely no guarantee that if they win the Senate, the GOP will accomplish everything/anything you listed. As a matter of fact I'm pretty darn sure they won't do any of it. That's why this South Carolinian will NOT be voting for Lindsey Graham.
As an ex-Connecticut Yankee (I'm a tax refugee), I would love nothing better than to have rational gov't back in Hartford, so I can return to my beloved state. I'm tired of the sharks and alligators in the south.

Irresponsible Choices

Joan383 Wrote: Sep 02, 2014 12:13 PM
Carter was not a liar, but he was an anti-semite, stupid, arrogant, immature, did I say stupid?, man. Not much of an improvement

Irresponsible Choices

Joan383 Wrote: Sep 02, 2014 12:10 PM
Careless and arrogant....Silent Cal must have had a 6th sense.
You speak truth.
Wasn't some sports talking head fired for describing a team's weaknesses as "a chink in their armor"? A legitimate expression that in no way refers to people of any heritage, but instead a piece of metal. But I remember hearing him villified for it. Looking for offense, when you simply don't understand the language.

Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Care?

Joan383 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:40 PM
I don't care either. So that's two of us.

The Media and the Mob

Joan383 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:29 PM
If Holder wasn't such a racist he would have said " I'm the AG but I'm also an American and I demand on the rule of law, not mob rule" Then MAYBE he woulld have some credibility. As it is, however, he has none. As far as getting pulled over in NJ, it wouldn't bother you if you didn't already have a chip on your shoulder. I've been pulled over lots (lead foot) and actually had a cop pull a gun on me. Is that because they are targeting middle aged white women? Hardly. The cop thought I had something in my hand.