(1) Require everyone to have health insurance, with subsidized plans for low-income citizens. (2) Compel insurers to accept anybody who applies for coverage and to charge roughly the same premium for everyone, regardless of health status. (3)...
You're wrong. National health is breaking Europe and driving those countries to bankruptcy. Fully 1/2 HALF of Mass Care is funded by the federal government because it can't sustain itself. Who's going to subsidize Obama care? Venezuela????? When I started in healthcare the docs I worked for always did pro bono care for people who couldn't afford to pay. Medicare no longer permits that. Its not the physician's choice anymore. Poor people have to get on a gov't program.
What is the best way to make sure that Americans with chronic medical conditions -- those most likely to need costly or frequent health care -- can afford the insurance they need to meet their bills? The conventional answer, reflected in Mitt Romney's 2006 health-care reform law in Massachusetts and the federal overhaul signed by Barack Obama in 2010, contains these ingredients:
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 3 hours ago