I suggested this several months ago, and a poster replied "don't give them any ideas" . That being said, when I took Tax Accounting, there was an IRS exemption for entertainers clothes. Regardless ones , clothes are a necessity, in fact San Francisco recently passed an ordinance making it an offense to be seen in public without them. While Congresswoman Pelosi should not be starkers even when bathing, not so with some others. If this exemption still exists, it should be the first to go. And when they "model" clothes for the various designers at the multitude of award shows, that should be considered income.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 7 hours ago