I suggested this several months ago, and a poster replied "don't give them any ideas" . That being said, when I took Tax Accounting, there was an IRS exemption for entertainers clothes. Regardless ones , clothes are a necessity, in fact San Francisco recently passed an ordinance making it an offense to be seen in public without them. While Congresswoman Pelosi should not be starkers even when bathing, not so with some others. If this exemption still exists, it should be the first to go. And when they "model" clothes for the various designers at the multitude of award shows, that should be considered income.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 8 hours ago