But wait. While they play the conventional game of aspiration, certain scholars and economists, and hundreds of thousands of "concerned citizens" have initiated a...
The two worst ideas the American Progressives borrowed from Prussia were Social Security and their model of Public School Education. Of the two, education has led to the worst results and a decline in true literacy. I wonder when people will get it through their heads that the American Dream is the belief in the possibility of self-government. That belief has been undermined by Madison Avenue ad agencies and unbridled avaricious materialism. Self-government has been exchanged for a frozen dinner in the microwave, a luxurious vacation, 2 cars in every garage, a plasma TV in every room, and a smartphone for all. I tell young people to not worry about a degree and design their own education curriculum from multiple sources.
The last of the college applications have been rewritten, tweaked and polished, and at last entrusted to the tender mercies of the U.S. Mail or the Internet. Fretting over deadlines morphs into waiting, and yearning, wishing and praying for coveted letters of acceptance. This is the annual crisis in thousands of homes with ambitious high school seniors -- the high school seniors and their parents who still believe that college is the route to the American Dream.
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago