But wait. While they play the conventional game of aspiration, certain scholars and economists, and hundreds of thousands of "concerned citizens" have initiated a...
The two worst ideas the American Progressives borrowed from Prussia were Social Security and their model of Public School Education. Of the two, education has led to the worst results and a decline in true literacy. I wonder when people will get it through their heads that the American Dream is the belief in the possibility of self-government. That belief has been undermined by Madison Avenue ad agencies and unbridled avaricious materialism. Self-government has been exchanged for a frozen dinner in the microwave, a luxurious vacation, 2 cars in every garage, a plasma TV in every room, and a smartphone for all. I tell young people to not worry about a degree and design their own education curriculum from multiple sources.
The last of the college applications have been rewritten, tweaked and polished, and at last entrusted to the tender mercies of the U.S. Mail or the Internet. Fretting over deadlines morphs into waiting, and yearning, wishing and praying for coveted letters of acceptance. This is the annual crisis in thousands of homes with ambitious high school seniors -- the high school seniors and their parents who still believe that college is the route to the American Dream.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014