But wait. While they play the conventional game of aspiration, certain scholars and economists, and hundreds of thousands of "concerned citizens" have initiated a...
The two worst ideas the American Progressives borrowed from Prussia were Social Security and their model of Public School Education. Of the two, education has led to the worst results and a decline in true literacy. I wonder when people will get it through their heads that the American Dream is the belief in the possibility of self-government. That belief has been undermined by Madison Avenue ad agencies and unbridled avaricious materialism. Self-government has been exchanged for a frozen dinner in the microwave, a luxurious vacation, 2 cars in every garage, a plasma TV in every room, and a smartphone for all. I tell young people to not worry about a degree and design their own education curriculum from multiple sources.
The last of the college applications have been rewritten, tweaked and polished, and at last entrusted to the tender mercies of the U.S. Mail or the Internet. Fretting over deadlines morphs into waiting, and yearning, wishing and praying for coveted letters of acceptance. This is the annual crisis in thousands of homes with ambitious high school seniors -- the high school seniors and their parents who still believe that college is the route to the American Dream.
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 4 hours ago