Kirk -- I also wonder what $1M will buy when that person retires? Maybe a large wheelbarrow to carry around his "wallet"? The dollar devalues too quickly to make adequate savings/investment viable. I can also relate to Larry as I am in a similar predicament, except no job and no savings remain. With a slow/no growth economy and corrupt institutions, it is hard to maintain a sunny disposition.
If the five stages of grief for losing a loved one are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, then the five stages for Republicans who just lost the presidential election must be denial, shock, analysis, depression and blaming fellow party members for being too whatever. The intense debate has begun among party thinkers over how we could possibly have lost two elections in a row to the most radical leftist...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 3 hours ago