(2/2) They should never be eligible for citizenship because: 1) They are the clients of a large criminal enterprise that smuggled them in. 2) They paid thousands to smugglers for the purpose of leeching off us. 3) They cut in line ahead of their betters. 4) They buy what the smuggler does not own and cannot sell. The smugglers should not be able to deliver what he promises. 5) What the aliens are doing to their own children is the parents' fault. A most condign punishment is to force the parents to explain their conduct to their own children. So today you return to an Alinsky tactic; when defeated, keep yapping, and your betters will let you win. Then, pathetically, tell us you are a conservative, again. Make us believe it.
Sen. Rand Paul's embrace of immigration reform this week shows just how far the GOP has come on this contentious issue since the election. Two years ago, the tea party's favorite senator was one of those Republicans wanting to deny citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants born in the U.S. Now, he's considering whether even their parents (and other illegal immigrants "who want to work and stay out of trouble") should become eligible for citizenship at some point. "If they want to become citizens, I'm open to debate as to what we do to move forward," he told reporters after...
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago