This gap is well understood and has been well understood for at least 20 years (I don't go back as far as some of you). Pretty simple economic analysis. I'd guess the econ analysis was all worked out back in the 1980s, maybe the 1970s, as well?
In this year of gender politics, Kay Hymowitz explains the reason for the much-touted "wage gap" between men and women: In short, women work fewer hours. All over the world, women make up the majority of the part-time work force -- and what's more, surveys suggest they like it that way.
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago