What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Wanting one of these jobs usually means that the person is not someone we should be voting for. They spend millions to get these low paying jobs. Your logic is good, Dr. Sowell, but I doubt the result would be what you intend. However, changing something that definitely is not working is always a good idea.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 3 hours ago