Paul Ryan is a neoconservative. Ron Paul is not. Ryan has very little in common with Ron Paul regarding the war, the FED, the bailouts, the welfare/warfare state, etc. Ron is a gentleman and cordial with everyone including Ryan. For Ryan to communicate he's close with Ron is political pandering to a party of the party that Ryan has nothing in common with. Ron Paul is an epoch icon of the tectonic shift going on over the most important issues (war, FEd, bailouts, civil liberties, bill of rights, constitution) Ryan/GOP/Romney are trying to capitalize on Ron Paul and the liberty movement. Other than this, they despise him.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 11 hours ago