Paul Ryan is a neoconservative. Ron Paul is not. Ryan has very little in common with Ron Paul regarding the war, the FED, the bailouts, the welfare/warfare state, etc. Ron is a gentleman and cordial with everyone including Ryan. For Ryan to communicate he's close with Ron is political pandering to a party of the party that Ryan has nothing in common with. Ron Paul is an epoch icon of the tectonic shift going on over the most important issues (war, FEd, bailouts, civil liberties, bill of rights, constitution) Ryan/GOP/Romney are trying to capitalize on Ron Paul and the liberty movement. Other than this, they despise him.
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 39 minutes ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago