An article in the Dec. 9 New York Times, of all places, gleams in the darkness of the present political moment as the Obama administration works to rub away resistance to its vision of an all-encompassing federal government. "This is painful for a liberal to admit," admits Nicholas D. Kristof, a...
There already is a program. It is called public education.
Reason No. 1 not to tremble at the prospect of liberal ascendancy, world without end: Liberalism doesn't work. At any rate, not the way liberals commonly suppose it's going to work when they devise enormous taxpayer-funded, government-run programs, minimally connected, if at all, to the realities of human existence.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014