An article in the Dec. 9 New York Times, of all places, gleams in the darkness of the present political moment as the Obama administration works to rub away resistance to its vision of an all-encompassing federal government. "This is painful for a liberal to admit," admits Nicholas D. Kristof, a...
There already is a program. It is called public education.
Reason No. 1 not to tremble at the prospect of liberal ascendancy, world without end: Liberalism doesn't work. At any rate, not the way liberals commonly suppose it's going to work when they devise enormous taxpayer-funded, government-run programs, minimally connected, if at all, to the realities of human existence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago