An article in the Dec. 9 New York Times, of all places, gleams in the darkness of the present political moment as the Obama administration works to rub away resistance to its vision of an all-encompassing federal government. "This is painful for a liberal to admit," admits Nicholas D. Kristof, a...
There already is a program. It is called public education.
Reason No. 1 not to tremble at the prospect of liberal ascendancy, world without end: Liberalism doesn't work. At any rate, not the way liberals commonly suppose it's going to work when they devise enormous taxpayer-funded, government-run programs, minimally connected, if at all, to the realities of human existence.
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 48 mins ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago