An article in the Dec. 9 New York Times, of all places, gleams in the darkness of the present political moment as the Obama administration works to rub away resistance to its vision of an all-encompassing federal government. "This is painful for a liberal to admit," admits Nicholas D. Kristof, a...
There already is a program. It is called public education.
Reason No. 1 not to tremble at the prospect of liberal ascendancy, world without end: Liberalism doesn't work. At any rate, not the way liberals commonly suppose it's going to work when they devise enormous taxpayer-funded, government-run programs, minimally connected, if at all, to the realities of human existence.
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 3 hours ago