Freedom of religion does not mean that a business owner can refuse to provide certain types of healthcare to their employees because it goes against their religious beliefs.
A federal district court in Colorado has issued an injunction against the government enforcing ObamaCare's abortifacient/contraceptive and sterilization mandate against Hercules, a private company.
Yes, it is limited to one company. Yes, it is owned by a Catholic family.
But despite the predictable naysaying from the Obama-loving MSM, this ruling matters. Not only does it emphasize the mandate's lack of regard for First Amendment rights, its arguments offer a roadmap to other litigators with clients who don't want their religious liberties trampled by the Obama administration.
What's more, think about the
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago