Freedom of religion does not mean that a business owner can refuse to provide certain types of healthcare to their employees because it goes against their religious beliefs.
A federal district court in Colorado has issued an injunction against the government enforcing ObamaCare's abortifacient/contraceptive and sterilization mandate against Hercules, a private company.
Yes, it is limited to one company. Yes, it is owned by a Catholic family.
But despite the predictable naysaying from the Obama-loving MSM, this ruling matters. Not only does it emphasize the mandate's lack of regard for First Amendment rights, its arguments offer a roadmap to other litigators with clients who don't want their religious liberties trampled by the Obama administration.
What's more, think about the
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014