Freedom of religion does not mean that a business owner can refuse to provide certain types of healthcare to their employees because it goes against their religious beliefs.
A federal district court in Colorado has issued an injunction against the government enforcing ObamaCare's abortifacient/contraceptive and sterilization mandate against Hercules, a private company.
Yes, it is limited to one company. Yes, it is owned by a Catholic family.
But despite the predictable naysaying from the Obama-loving MSM, this ruling matters. Not only does it emphasize the mandate's lack of regard for First Amendment rights, its arguments offer a roadmap to other litigators with clients who don't want their religious liberties trampled by the Obama administration.
What's more, think about the
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead; Update: Motive? Allahpundit 4 hours ago