In response to:
Using Ronald Regan to push "gun control" is shameful. Regan was the one that signed in the Firearm Owners Protection Act into law. The 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act is what banned automatic weapons and "assault rifles", and prohibited a federal firearm registry. If you really think he supported blanketed background checks; you are forgetting that it was Regan who said "I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts.".
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago