I did not make that prediction as a political columnist, or as the former Libertarian Presidential contender, or the 2008 Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee. I relied on my career as a Las Vegas oddsmaker. Long before I got into politics, I started out as the Network Oddsmaker and NFL Analyst for CNBC (then known as Financial News Network). I've made my living for the past 27 years predicting the winners of sporting events, like the Super...
In response to:
He makes the comparison between this election and Carter/Reagan.. I think that's important, because the climate is very similar between the two, and Obama is a lot like Carter. In other words, there are more similarities between Carter/Reagan and this election than between this election and Bush/Kerry. In any case, I have seen enough elections to know that the polls give points to Dem candidates consistently. Yes, they DO oversample dems..they always have.. So, when you see Romney at 52% and Obama at 45%, and then you adjust for the consistent Dem oversampling, what do you get? That's the funny thing, in my 31 years on this planet, I have noticed that Dems still have not figured out that the polls are skewed towards them.
On May 30th, I made a prediction that shocked the readers of TownHall. I predicted a Romney landslide- with Obama leading in every poll.
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago