I did not make that prediction as a political columnist, or as the former Libertarian Presidential contender, or the 2008 Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee. I relied on my career as a Las Vegas oddsmaker. Long before I got into politics, I started out as the Network Oddsmaker and NFL Analyst for CNBC (then known as Financial News Network). I've made my living for the past 27 years predicting the winners of sporting events, like the Super...
In response to:
Actually, the blame goes back past Obama and past Bush. What started the whole "collapse"? The housing crisis. It was the first domino to fall in a huge chain of dominoes. And that whole subprime lending policy was instituted by the Clinton-controlled government. Yes, shame on both parties for not hemming it up after Clinton was gone, but...on the other hand, what were they supposed to do? You have the government telling banks to lend to people who can't pay back the loans, and then those people get these houses that are worth more than the people make in 30 years of working. You going to kick them out of their homes? No, because it's political suicide to do so. Instead, you wait for the bubble to pop and hope for the best.
On May 30th, I made a prediction that shocked the readers of TownHall. I predicted a Romney landslide- with Obama leading in every poll.
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 3 minutes ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago