I did not make that prediction as a political columnist, or as the former Libertarian Presidential contender, or the 2008 Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee. I relied on my career as a Las Vegas oddsmaker. Long before I got into politics, I started out as the Network Oddsmaker and NFL Analyst for CNBC (then known as Financial News Network). I've made my living for the past 27 years predicting the winners of sporting events, like the Super...
In response to:
Actually, the blame goes back past Obama and past Bush. What started the whole "collapse"? The housing crisis. It was the first domino to fall in a huge chain of dominoes. And that whole subprime lending policy was instituted by the Clinton-controlled government. Yes, shame on both parties for not hemming it up after Clinton was gone, but...on the other hand, what were they supposed to do? You have the government telling banks to lend to people who can't pay back the loans, and then those people get these houses that are worth more than the people make in 30 years of working. You going to kick them out of their homes? No, because it's political suicide to do so. Instead, you wait for the bubble to pop and hope for the best.
On May 30th, I made a prediction that shocked the readers of TownHall. I predicted a Romney landslide- with Obama leading in every poll.
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago