I did not make that prediction as a political columnist, or as the former Libertarian Presidential contender, or the 2008 Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee. I relied on my career as a Las Vegas oddsmaker. Long before I got into politics, I started out as the Network Oddsmaker and NFL Analyst for CNBC (then known as Financial News Network). I've made my living for the past 27 years predicting the winners of sporting events, like the Super...
In response to:
Actually, the blame goes back past Obama and past Bush. What started the whole "collapse"? The housing crisis. It was the first domino to fall in a huge chain of dominoes. And that whole subprime lending policy was instituted by the Clinton-controlled government. Yes, shame on both parties for not hemming it up after Clinton was gone, but...on the other hand, what were they supposed to do? You have the government telling banks to lend to people who can't pay back the loans, and then those people get these houses that are worth more than the people make in 30 years of working. You going to kick them out of their homes? No, because it's political suicide to do so. Instead, you wait for the bubble to pop and hope for the best.
On May 30th, I made a prediction that shocked the readers of TownHall. I predicted a Romney landslide- with Obama leading in every poll.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago