So why should anyone trust a field that is made up of well over 90% liberals, who admit to hiring discrimination, and who control all the peer-reviewed journals and thus basically everything that becomes published as "social science"? No matter how neutral they try to be, if all of them are liberal, and they know that they can sway public opinion by fitting any data they find to their own narratives, can you honestly say that this collective would ever choose to publish against their own interests? Even if one or a dozen social psychologists is so absurdly ethical that he/she would publish findings completely against his/her ideology (doubly unlikely since bias also seeps into data interpretation), you can guarantee it would be..
The worst part about censorship is that there are college professors who are too stupid to know what it actually means, or worse, that sometimes pretend to be too stupid to know what it actually means. Censorship occurs when the government stops objectionable speech from being disseminated. It does not occur when the government refuses to actually subsidize speech that may be deemed objectionable. But sometimes professors and low-level college administrators pretend that refusal to fund government speech is censorship. They usually do this when the speech is so bad that no one else would ever subsidize it. So they adopt...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago