You know who else is not an expert on sociology? Sociologists. The professors in that field are the most universally liberal of any in academia, which is saying an incredible amount. The ratio of lefties to righties is around 12 to 1. ~40% of professors surveyed (in general.. the number is surely higher within sociology) *Admit* that they would discriminate against a conservative in the hiring process. The left doesn't trust Fox news, since most at the station are conservative. Understandable. They sure are quick to automatically dismiss any study of social issues that ends up corroborating a conservative view (particularly since homosexuality was removed from the APA's list for entirely political reasons in the early 70s).
The worst part about censorship is that there are college professors who are too stupid to know what it actually means, or worse, that sometimes pretend to be too stupid to know what it actually means. Censorship occurs when the government stops objectionable speech from being disseminated. It does not occur when the government refuses to actually subsidize speech that may be deemed objectionable. But sometimes professors and low-level college administrators pretend that refusal to fund government speech is censorship. They usually do this when the speech is so bad that no one else would ever subsidize it. So they adopt...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 4 hours ago