Democratic presidents Woodrow Wilson and John F. Kennedy spoke plainly about the fact that higher tax rates on individuals and businesses did not automatically translate into higher tax revenues for the government. Beyond some point, high tax rates on those with high incomes simply led to those incomes being invested in tax-free bonds, with the revenue from those bonds being completely lost to the government -- and the investments lost...
Better yet: Mitt makes $100 million, pays tax of 13%, and is left with only $87,000,000 Gloria makes $0 receives welfare and nets $12,000. No wonder Mitt is upset with the takers.
There was a time when Democrats and Republicans alike could talk sense about tax rates, in terms of what is best for the economy, without demagoguery about "tax cuts for the rich."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 10 hours ago