Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hill staffers hit errors galore as they try to sign up for ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- IRS: The evolution of a scandal in the president’s mind Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: House Democrats ready to blow up Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Charlie Cook: This is one of the most dramatic shifts in a generic congressional ballot I’ve ever seen jeffdunetz 8 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: If South Africa’s apartheid government could see the error of its ways, why can’t the GOP? Allahpundit 9 hours ago