Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 4 hours ago