Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Hawaii ponders: It might be time to start taxing insurers for not participating in our ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 3 hours ago