But there are those people who hate the Catholic Church, and they are ecstatic. Take documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney, a man who clearly thinks he is holier than the Pope. He told the Daily Beast that Benedict is a "criminal." This helps explain why he's made a documentary for HBO, the home...
Denial is a powerful mechanism. Molesters in the Church fed to a public that is so blindly cold hearted that it aborts millions, while screaming for mob vigilantism for accused but not proved guilty priests, is a horrifying spectacle of the future horrors for our undefended children. More than a few bad apples are presently roaming free and even being defended as they transparently molest students, molest their patients, their step children, their slaves, and all that you can do is keep screaming that the only organization visibly addressing wrongs done not in the present day but in the past, can never be forgiven. Denial is a powerful mechanism. The devil uses yours to cry 'foul' against a few while giving a green light to present evil.
Pope Benedict XVI shocked the world on Monday morning by announcing he would resign at the end of February. For Catholics, there was sorrow and there was gratitude for a Holy Father who taught with such distinction and worked with such care to safeguard the church's theological traditions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 4 hours ago