In Part 1, I revealed how rational and rewarding it would be to post armed guards at our schools. In Part 2, I showed how reducing the number of firearms in the U.S. would not curb violent crime. In Part 3, I began to discuss the first of two ways in which our Founding Fathers expected to produce and maintain civility and decency in society. They esteemed all...
The wisdom enshrined in the US Constitution is something I give thanks for every day. The Constitution is my rock, and as a conservative atheist, I especially value the 1st amendment, Article 6 paragraph 3, and the 10th amendment. Those passages guarantee me freedom of choice in religion, or no religion at all, liberty, States' rights, freedom to read whatever I want, and to gather with like minded folks. I respect all who have religion, up to the point where they insist upon changing laws contrary to the freedoms the constitution provides. Chuck makes some good points in his article, and I salute his thoughts on getting along, doing unto others, and living peaceably.
In the past few weeks, I've highlighted ways we can reduce violent crime in the U.S. But I've saved the best and most powerful solutions for last because they work from the inside out.
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago