Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
If you take a look at how Ronald Reagan voted while President, and his real track record in compromising with Democrats led by Tip O'neal, I believe he'd be called a RINO (or worse) in today's hyper partisan political climate. Reagan knew that compromise, comity, and civility get things done in Congress. If we run people for Senate and the House who have poor qualifications, or are extremists who will never work with others in Congress, we will lose races. If someone with Reagan's record were running for Senate today, I believe he'd be attacked for raising taxes, compromising with Democrats, and for his support for life of the mother abortion exceptions. That is a sad statement about conservatives
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago