Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
If you take a look at how Ronald Reagan voted while President, and his real track record in compromising with Democrats led by Tip O'neal, I believe he'd be called a RINO (or worse) in today's hyper partisan political climate. Reagan knew that compromise, comity, and civility get things done in Congress. If we run people for Senate and the House who have poor qualifications, or are extremists who will never work with others in Congress, we will lose races. If someone with Reagan's record were running for Senate today, I believe he'd be attacked for raising taxes, compromising with Democrats, and for his support for life of the mother abortion exceptions. That is a sad statement about conservatives
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014