I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
More class warfare/sociallist pap. Why don't we just vote to tax anyone making $100,000 at 90%. That's what all the takers want anyway. I'm ready to quit working and let the government support me; it should last about 2 months before the whole country is bankrupt and we can start all over.
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago