Think of today's news organizations as insatiable beasts whose ravenous appetites constantly need more and more news bites, and more analysis about those news bites. The desire for more content for their viewers and readers means that they deem everything new to be newsworthy, or at least newsworthy enough...
how can they? the Republican side of the senate his invoked Filibuster 360 times since 2007. anything of any real importance is killed by the party of NO, unless it involves the uterus, or making sure gays don't get married. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/opinion/not-too-late-to-curb-the-filibuster.html?_r=0
The challenge for modern-day campaigns is that the rapid speed of the news cycle ensures that new news is created on a daily basis, even when it is not really news. Blame the hunger for something novel and fresh that can eat up time on the 24-hour cable news channels.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 8 hours ago